IAF Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman’s distinctive gunslinger moustache has become the talk of the nation, as the craze to get the exact look has been taking the country by storm.The Indian Air Force pilot arrived in India last week after being captured by the Pakistan Army when his plane went down.Now, as a tribute to his bravery, fans have started wearing his ‘gunslinger’ moustache and posting pictures of it on Twitter, creating a rage around it.Some are even proposing Ranveer Singh as Abhinandan in a Bollywood film on the Wing Commander. We would definitely watch that movie.I propose that Ranveer Singh should play the role of #Abhinandan in the Bollywood movie about to be made – no one else can carry off that moustache.P.S.: And PLEASE! Not Salman Khan!The Bad Doctor (@DOCTORATLARGE) March 1, 2019According to people who have started sporting the gunslinger, the Abhinandan mooch is the latest fashion statement and a way for people to show pride for their country.This is how people are celebrating:Aapka #Abhinandan hai.. Proud of you solider !! #AbhinandanLook #AbhinandanMoustache pic.twitter.com/N0XEsUZZVhRohit (@rohitfedup) March 2, 2019Inspired by #AbhinandanVarthaman ji#AbhinandanMoustache#mooch pic.twitter.com/50tWYuTIJhulhas kshirsagar (@ulhasksagar) March 4, 2019#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/jYXUqSpufBAdvocate Ankur Sharma (@Adv_AnkurSharma) March 3, 2019The latest fashion trend #Abhinandanmoustache pic.twitter.com/CTgDTd6WIcShalini Jamwal (@ShaliniJamwal32) March 2, 2019Mooch ho tou Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman jaisi ho varna na ho.Shivam Vij (@DilliDurAst) March 1, 2019The latest fashion statement in Baghpat?It’s #Abhinandan’s moustache!It gives me so much pride to see the icons for the youth in my country changing! #MeraDeshBadalRahaHai #Mahashivratri # pic.twitter.com/HEvT9vdod3advertisementCharu Pragya (@CharuPragya) March 4, 2019Abhinandan ..Tujhe salam. pic.twitter.com/Qk8m8I95pYSunil V (@SUNILWAG) March 5, 2019A tribute to national hero abhinandan #moustache#Abhinanden #swagcode #moustache #AbhinandanVarthaman #Patriotism #Amul #moch #deshpremivsjaishpremi pic.twitter.com/EoSxDhDYiUJinesh (@Jinesh69) March 5, 2019Clearly, there is no stopping the Abhinandan moustache wave. This Twitter user explained the craze perfectly and we agree.Abhinandan’s moustache will be the next styling sensation throughout India. Don’t be flabbergasted by the fact when the barber asks you ‘Abhinandan cut chahiye?’#Abhinandancomingback #AbhinandhanReturns #AbhinandanDiwas #Abhinandan #moustacheRaunak Jalan (@Sarcastic_RJ) March 1, 2019This is not the first time people have given a heartfelt tribute to Abhinandan. From giving free Abhinanadan-inspired moustaches to 650 men in Bengaluru to making an ad just based on his mooch, people are honouring the Wing Commander in incredible ways.ALSO SEE | Remember Abhinandan’s viral video from Pakistan? Now India hits back with Imran Khan versionALSO WATCH | The moment Abhinandan Varthaman returned home
Liverpool boss Klopp hails matchwinner Milner: Incredibly importantby Paul Vegas20 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hailed matchwinner James Milner after victory over Leicester City.Milner’s 94th-minute penalty settled Saturday’s match and ensures the Reds go into the international break having won all eight of their top-flight fixtures so far in 2019-20.Milner had earlier registered a fine assist as Sadio Mane’s 50th top-flight goal for the club put the home team ahead, but James Maddison’s 80th-minute leveller appeared to have claimed a point for Brendan Rodgers’ visitors.However, Marc Albrighton’s foul on Mane in the area gave Milner the chance to win the game from the spot in the 94th minute – and the No.7 did just that, sending Kasper Schmeichel the wrong way with an ice-cool penalty.Klopp said, “I’m really not sure if I’ve said all the positive things about James Milner, no problem to do it again. Not only today, in general, how incredibly important he is. Today it was a super game but not even Millie can play 12 games in a row or whatever, it’s just too demanding and all that stuff. But yeah, very good performance, the pass for the first [goal] is just smart. “Unfortunately you need to have a few games in your legs probably to know about the situation, but we had a lot of these situations. We played a few smart passes for the boys. We obviously changed formation a little bit, we brought Mo in the centre, Sadio and Bobby more in the position 10 [against] the opponent who could train a full week to prepare for us – [that’s] what we cannot do.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Oxlade-Chamberlain: It’s on me to give Liverpool something differentby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAlex Oxlade-Chamberlain is determined to make a big impression at Liverpool this season.The Liverpool man missed out on last year’s title race and wants to play a key part in this campaign to make up for it.The 26-year-old told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s on me to try to bring a little something: run with the ball, link the play and fit in with the rhythm of the boys up front to help them. What they achieved last year was extraordinary.“To miss out [on the title] in the way we did was heartbreaking, so as a team we need to do better. With teams like Man City, and how relentless they are, we know we have to do more.“For me as an individual, my goals are to get back in and around the team and to help push this team forward a little bit more. If we can do that, I can start thinking about what I need to add to my game. For now, the next step is to help the team.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Lahore: Pakistan on Thursday clarified that it has neither closed its airspace for India nor re-routed any route for the Indian flights. “There has been no change to the notice to airmen (NOTAM) and all flights are being operated as per schedule issued earlier,” Civil Aviation Authority Pakistan spokesperson Mujtaba Baig told PTI. “Pakistan has neither closed its airspace for India nor re-routed or closed down any route for the Indian flights,” he said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details Responding to a question about re-routing of a few routes as reported by the media, he said: “Not a single route has been re-routed after the latest tension between the two countries.” Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal also said that Pakistan had not banned its airspace for India. “We have not banned our airspace for India. It is open for Indian flights,” he told reporters in Islamabad. There were reports that Pakistan had closed down a couple of routes for Indian flights following its decision to downgrade diplomatic ties with India in response to New Delhi’s move to revoke special status of Kashmir. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday Pakistan on July 16 opened its airspace for India after some five months of restrictions imposed in the wake of a standoff with New Delhi earlier this year. Following the Balakot air strikes, Pakistan had closed its airspace on February 26. In March, Pakistan partially opened its airspace but kept it banned for the Indian flights. India also banned its airspace for flights to Pakistan. Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan had said the CAA suffered a loss of Rs 8.5 billion because of airspace restrictions since February. He said this restriction hit India harder than Pakistan. “The loss of India is almost double,” he claimed.
FORT ST JOHN, B.C. – Prince George-Peace River-Northern Rockies MP and Parliamentary Outdoor Caucus co-chair Bob Zimmer says he’s pleased to hear about a possible plan to increase the level of screening that goes into acquiring a firearms license in Canada.In a statement, Zimmer said that Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale held a summit yesterday on the topic of increased gang activity and gun violence in Canada. According to The Canadian Press, statistics presented at the meeting show that homicides involving firearms increased from 26 percent to 39 percent between 2013 and 2016. 109 people were killed with a firearm in 2013, but that number nearly doubled to 195 in 2016.After the meeting Goodale held a news conference, saying that possible legislation that will be tabled by the government including a new law requiring a longer look into a buyer’s criminal history, which goes back only five years under the current system. In addition, if Ottawa gets buy-in from provincial governments, the background checks could include an examination of the purchaser’s mental-health history. Zimmer issued the following statement today in reaction to Goodale’s press conference:“As a strong supporter of the outdoor community and the lifestyle that it promotes I support the idea of more vigorous background checks that could include a mental health history and more comprehensive look at the criminal past of the purchaser. We need to continue to protect the rights of law-abiding firearms owners while also working to ensure that firearms do not end up in the wrong hands. I will watch closely as this legislation takes shape and I look forward to participating in the consultation process.”With files from The Canadian Press: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/public-safety-minister-vows-to-toughen-gun-licence-screening-in-canada/article38246723/
FORT NELSON, B.C. — Public Services and Procurement Minister Carla Qualtrough announced this morning that the federal government has awarded a contract for the maintenance of an 835-kilometre section of the Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John to the B.C./Yukon border.Qualtrough said the five-year maintenance contract has been awarded to Terrace-based White Bear Industries Ltd., for a total of $79.8 million. White Bear will be responsible for maintaining the 835-kilometre stretch of road north of the Mile 83 marker on the highway.The B.C. government is responsible for maintaining the first 133 kilometres of the highway, which is currently contracted out to Caribou Road Services and YRB North Peace. The remaining section in B.C. from the Mile 83 marker north of Fort St. John to the B.C./Yukon border is the responsibility of the federal government, while the Yukon government maintains the rest of the Canadian portion of the road. The Alaska Highway is 2,450 kilometres in length, stretching from Dawson Creek to Delta Junction, Alaska.“The maintenance of the Alaska Highway is key to the economic prosperity of the northern part of this region,” said Qualtrough. “The work resulting from this contract will make the highway safe for travellers and will ensure local communities get sustainable, safe and reliable infrastructure assets that will contribute directly to their quality of life.”
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Despite being an unseasonably wet summer in Fort St. John, the City’s construction and paving projects are on track.According to City Communications Coordinator, Ryan Harvey, all of the City’s summer construction and paving projects are on schedule and will be completed by the Fall deadline.Harvey says the Fall deadline for all City projects to be complete is October 15, 2019. For the paving of the northern end of 100 Street, Harvey says crews have laid down the first layer of asphalt and is expected to be completed by the end of September.For a list of construction projects, and for updates, you can visit the City of Fort St. John’s website.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – B.C. Teachers’ Federation President, Teri Mooring, was in Fort St. John on Saturday, September 7, as part of a northern tour to discuss with local Teacher Associations about the on-going negotiations.Mooring says the Federation had negotiated with the Province during the summer and were hoping to get a deal before the school year but were unable to do so as the mediator made the decision to recess talks in order for both sides to consider their positions before resuming talks on September 23.“We negotiated for 14 days in the summer and we were really hoping to get a deal before school started… unfortunately, we weren’t able to do that and the mediator decided that at the end of August, we were wanting to bargain the long weekend of September, he determined that it wasn’t likely we would get a deal in that time and so he recessed talks and asked both parties to consider their positions and then meet back on September 23.” According to Mooring, the biggest concern the BCTF is currently facing is teacher recruitment and retention, along with finding qualified teachers to fill positions.Mooring says the problem is not unique to Fort St. John but is Province-wide and is due to the low incentive that is being offered to prospective teachers.The B.C.’s teaching salary, according to Mooring, is the second-lowest in Canada, and the lowest when compared to the other Western Provinces.Mooring says the Federation will continue to bargain for improvements to the salary, negotiate a labour market adjustment, and improve student learning conditions.
New Delhi: Asserting that the Congress is likely to emerge as the single largest party after the Lok Sabha elections, senior party leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi says a non-BJP formation will get a “comfortable majority” and form the government at the Centre.Singhvi also claimed the BJP will face a deficit of 100-120 seats after suffering losses in various states and will not be able to compensate for the seats lost in those states. “I have no doubt a non-BJP multi-party group will be in power after May 23. The exact complexion and numbers of that need not be talked about now,” he told PTI in an interview. Asked if there is a possibility of a hung Parliament this time, Singhvi said there will be a “comfortable majority” of a non-BJP formation. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra Singh”I agree it is difficult to say that a single party will have a majority. There will be a very, very comfortable majority for pre-poll and post-poll alliance partners which are non-BJP, non-NDA,” Singhvi asserted. On whether there is a possibility of the Congress being the single largest party, the Rajya Sabha MP said, “Since I think I would be exaggerating if I said that a single party would get a complete majority by itself. I think it is fair statement to make that the Congress is likely to be clearly the single largest party.” Asserting that the BJP will suffer huge losses electorally as compared with last time, Singhvi said a party which had a “Modi wave and a strike rate of 90 per cent plus in 11 states” cannot improve on its performance this time in those states. Even if it comes down by 50 per cent from its previous showing in those states, there will be “no compensatory states”, he asserted. There is a swathe of territory — Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu — where the BJP will hardly have any seats, including its allies like AIADMK, Singhvi said. There is also no compensation available in states from the northeast where the citizenship bill has had a lot if resonance against the BJP,” he said. PTI
A French court Wednesday convicted a young woman for wearing a full-face Islamic veil in public and threw out her bid to have the country’s controversial burqa ban declared unconstitutional.Cassandra Belin, 20, was also convicted for insulting and threatening three police officers at the time of her arrest, which sparked two days of rioting in the town of Trappes, near Paris, in July, 2013.She was given a one-month suspended prison sentence for the clash with the police and a 150-euro ($200) fine for wearing the veil. Her lawyers, who argued that the burqa ban impinges on religious freedom and unfairly target Muslims, had asked for an emergency ruling on the constitutionality of the ban before sentencing.But that request was rejected on the grounds that the Constitutional Council had previously upheld the 2011 law.Belin’s lawyer, Philippe Bataille, said he would consider an appeal and pledged to continue to fight to have the ban overturned. “I’m not throwing in the towel,” he said.Thibault de Montbrial, the lawyer for the three police officers, welcomed the court’s ruling. “We cannot tolerate exceptions to the law of the land,” he said.The European Court of Human Rights is expected to rule later this year in a case brought by a French Muslim who argues that the burqa ban violates her rights to freedom of religion, freedom of expression and freedom of assembly, and breaches a prohibition against discrimination.France argues that the ban is necessary for security reasons and to uphold the country’s secular traditions.But critics say if security is a consideration, then motorcycle helmets should also be outlawed. In theory the ban covers all face coverings, but in practice the only arrests have been of women wearing Muslim veils.Source: Al Arabiya